Fixing stuff, myself included…
Setting up tags and catagories for posts.
Finish formating the posts themselves.
Removing comment tags.
Yes, finally. After talk, talk, talk it doesn’t stretch with browser size changes, and it’s valid CSS and XHTML. I have for the time being retained its retro look. Now I must figure out how to make my design work in WordPress. All of the site would remain static except the Blog page, which would replace/incorporate the Art Attack About page. In other words, that’s the only page that would have the post loop, but it would look just like the rest of my site. And more/most important it will be the only page that can be changed via the WordPress dashboard.
Yep, today on local machine WordPress could not find the database. Damn!
So what did you do?
Spent about an hour figuring out that the my.cnf file maybe should be my.conf. Now I have both of these files in the same directory and changed named host in Apache to “localhost.” Not sure if that was necessary. Once again ran the sym link, because although MySQL was running, it didn’t know where/which socket. I do hope when I reboot tomorrow it’s not the same crap happening.
What else did you do today?
Made some changes to the artattackcentral design. I scraped the 3 container + transparent art work design, but “what the hell” by spending time on that design I have a better understanding of the CSS box/container configuration.
I’ve just finished (once again=almost a year later) setting up Apache, PHP, MySQL and WordPress on my intelMac. If I’d thought more about it before setting up on the intelMac, I would have set up on the PPC MDD Mac.
I guess because, I’m a nervous Nell when it comes to my PC=Mac. In some ways it’s own environment seems fragile. It makes me queasy when I have to use the -f boot arg., and even more sick when she boots and has no dock and menu. However, mostly she’s pretty good, and when she’s terrible I use the OSx86 tools to fix the permissions. I do wonder if I might be better off with the voodoo kernel, but that’s another story…
What’s entailed with getting the development environment up and running?
Since it’s been so long ago, of course I’d forgotten some of the details.
So what happened with the MySQL install?
To begin with the start/stop preference pane doesn’t work in Leopard. So MySQL must be started via the terminal. Also PHP “thinks” MySQL is installed in a different directory so a sym link must be created, or the php.ini file must be edited. I chose the sym link method.
Where’s WordPress in this geeky menagerie?
Ah yes, WordPress “the 7th day” of open source CMS in the mess. Once everything else (PHP, Apache, MySQL), is working download the latest WordPress and let the fun begin. Extract the files in /Library/WebServer/Documents. In the brower call up http://localhost/wordpress (or whatever you want to name the folder the files reside in) wp-admin/install.php. If all has been done correctly you should be able to install WordPress.
Well… was it all working?
All is working; so now I can begin figuring out how WordPress can/is being used as a CMS. It seems WordPress is PHP, but not really > See this: Matt’s Explaination. I decided not to go with the virtual hosts, and multi blogs on one WordPress install this time, because last year I got sidetracked trying to make that work perfectly before entering the CMS realm.
Yeah, I did it, and it appears that all is well.
If all is well, does that mean well is all like =?
Oh come on, you know what I mean. In “reality” I won’t know if all = well until I publish this post.
After that, well now wait a minute. It looks like when I type this post it doesn’t break at the end of the line and it dissapears under the boxes. Well maybe not. I also need to insert an image… hmmm, doesn’t offer to let me browse my computer. Only allows for URL. What’s up there?
Is the problem with TinyMCE Advanced?
Okay, I figured it out. Now it’s on to learning CMS once again using this new and glorified wordpress. I can do this! It’s a job, it’s fun, it’s time consuming, it’s money down the road, it’s quite doable.
Been fiddling with an HDTV (19″ Westinghouse), and I can’t get the damn thing to work!
What kind of fiddling?
Really fooling and fiddling around as in took the whole thing apart. On the main controller board I desoldered (using wick = small braided copper and a soldering iron) a 2200 uf 10v capcitor cap. And then soldered a new 2200 uv 16v in it’s place. First time soldering on circuit boards; it’s tedious and requires patience. You have to keep cleaning and re-tinning the iron while desoldering. That means you’ve got to cool the iron down once it becomes oxsidized. The oxsidation happens with air and heat sooo…. I took it apart again this morning; the second time was a “snap.” The first take-apart was blind = no diagrams, pictures, nutin! However I did wear my trusty anti-static wraist stap. My prior experience taking apart the G3 ibook was, if not a help at least a confidence builder. And, oh by the way soldering is harder than waving the heat gun around over the ibook video chip.